The Dryden Native Friendship Centre is currently accepting applications for the position of Homeward Bound Daycare Supervisor. Reporting to the DNFC Executive Director, the HWB Daycare Supervisor is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the Daycare Centre. This position has the overall responsibility to direct and manage all daycare enrolment, staffing and volunteers, employee relations, parent relations, Health & Safety, and financial accountability while ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
Regular full-time hours. Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm, 35 hours per week. Some flexibility to meet program needs.
This position is a regular full-time employment opportunity and is eligible for group retirement, extended benefits, and paid time off.
• Manages enrolment, conducts family interviews and orientation to the centre, prepares monthly billing and meets yearly service targets.
• Provides staff with performance feedback, support and addresses staff behavior, problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Coordinates staff shift and vacation scheduling
• Networks with local schools, libraries, and community agencies
• Ensures the Centre operates in accordance with all applicable legislation and respects the confidential nature of the work performed
• Responds to facility emergencies and develops staff in handling emergency procedures
• Develops and manages equipment repair and maintenance schedules
• Demonstrates a culture of respect for all families
• Promotes family involvement, provides resources to families, and refers families as appropriate to external resources
• Monitors and reports monthly on budget accounting
• Accountable for collection and reporting of statistical/activity data reporting
• Orders materials, supplies and equipment as required
• Provides leadership in the development and execution of culturally competent, inclusive, and developmentally appropriate programming
• Provides program support to staff and ensures age-appropriate programs are monitored and evaluated to meet the needs of the children and families
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
• A 2-year diploma in Early Childhood Education and must be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
• Minimum 3 years management experience in an early years or childcare program.
• Experience with financial accounting practices and principles.
• Comprehensive understanding of licensed childcare operation and related legislation.
• Must have First Aid with infant CPR or ability to obtain
• Have a clean criminal background check - vulnerable sector screening and up to date immunization, including TB Skin Test
• Understanding of Indigenous Culture and perspectives.
• Ability to speak and/or understand Ojibway or Oji-Cree is an asset.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suites and computer programs.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Work Conditions & Remuneration
• Working in a shared office environment and daycare setting
• $60,000-$64,000 annual remuneration
SEND RESUME & COVER LETTER with 3 EMPLOYMENT REFERENCES (1 of which is a recent employer) and PERMISSION TO CONTACT TO:
Hiring Committee; Dryden Native Friendship Centre
74 Queen Street, Dryden ON P8N 1A4
Fax: 807-223-6275 e-mail: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Full job description available upon request
DNFC is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourages all people to apply. Anyone needing accommodations at any time during the hiring process please just let us know and we will make every reasonable effort to accommodate you.
***** Only those deemed qualified will be contacted for an interview *****