The Dryden Native Friendship Centre is currently accepting applicants for the term position of Cultural Resource Coordinator – Contract Position 3 months to 1 year but not beyond the return of the incumbent.
The Cultural Resource Coordinator (CRC) is responsible for providing increased access to culture and traditional culture-based programs and service delivery to urban indigenous children, youth, and families in order to foster a strong sense of well-being. This position frequently collaborates with other staff to ensure a strong cultural base in all DNFC programming.
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm, 35 hours per week. Some flexibility to meet program needs.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Create and implement group and individual programming for Indigenous community members to promote healing and wellness.
Facilitate traditional events such as dancing, singing, drumming, celebrations, feasts, etc.
Promote language restoration.
Facilitate talking, teaching, and healing circles, with a priority to services and supports for Indigenous children, youth, and families.
Provide direct traditional-based counselling and participate in Action Planning and CAS-related Case Conferencing.
Facilitate traditional medicines’ education.
Facilitate traditional food education.
Facilitate traditional teachings and ceremonies in a safe and acceptable environment.
Build and maintain relationships with Elders and Traditional People.
Coordinate and facilitate events to provide access to Elders.
Facilitate land-based activities.
Coordinate with other DNFC programs to provide cultural supports for programming.
Work with local stakeholders to promote cultural competency and awareness.
Maintain records as per program requirements and perform quarterly reporting.
Promote cultural awareness, safety, and competency within DNFC and the DNFC communities at large.
Promote healing and reconciliation.
Other duties as assigned.
· Post-secondary education in Indigenous studies or relevant education. Lived relevant experience shall be considered as equivalent.
· Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated and related work experience within an Indigenous organization or community.
· Strong knowledge and awareness of Indigenous culture and history, with emphasis on family violence, child welfare, the impacts of trauma, Indigenous youth engagement, and community outreach.
· Knowledge and experience working with urban Indigenous children, youth and families in a healing and reconciliation capacity.
· Exceptional knowledge of Indigenous historical and contemporary issues.
· An acceptable Criminal Reference Check, Vulnerable Sector, will be a condition of the employment offer.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving records; will be required to provide Driver’s Abstract.
· Possess current First-Aid/CPR certification or be willing to be certified.
· Skills and experience in presenting workshops and facilitating groups.
· Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to speak Ojibway or Oji-Cree is an asset.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Must have excellent computer skills; Strong working knowledge of MS Word & data entry.
· Experience with budgeting
· Excellent Collaboration skills
· Excellent Organization skills
· Experience public speaking is an asset
· Strong interpersonal skills and experience networking is an asset
· Ability to meet deadlines
Work Conditions & Remuneration
Working in a shared office environment
$42,000-$45,000 annual remuneration
SEND RESUME & COVER LETTER with 3 EMPLOYMENT REFERENCES (1 of which is a recent employer) and PERMISSION TO CONTACT TO:
Hiring Committee; Dryden Native Friendship Centre
74 Queen Street, Dryden ON P8N 1A4
Fax: 807-223-6275 e-mail: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Full job description available upon request
DNFC is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage all person to apply. Anyone needing accommodations at any time during the hiring process please just let us know and we will make every reasonable effort to accommodate you.
***** Only those deemed qualified will be contacted for an interview *****